Latest Read: The Fault In Our Stars

Here are the basics ...
Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Author: John Green
Sitehttp://johngreenbooks.com/
Category: Young Adult 




My thoughts ...
Short summary: The Fault in Our Stars is the story of Hazel Lancaster and Augustus Waters, two Indianapolis teenagers who meet at a Cancer Kid Support Group.

The good: One look at the summary and I expected that I'd be crying by the end of it (this turned out to be very, very true).  But what I didn't expect was to laugh so much.  Hazel and Augustus really came alive to me as I read.  They're both such intelligent, funny, loving and strong characters.  In spite of everything they've been through and continue to go through, they somehow are still able to find joy and love.  I loved that.  Other things I loved? Their conversations (I wish I had conversations like these!), their family, how their relationship evolved and that Hazel has poems memorized.  I realize that last one is random but I really did like that about her (among many other things)! It made want to memorize some poems too. (Yeah, I'm a dork.)

The bad:  I know I've said this a few times about other books but seriously - nothing bad to say.  However, I would recommend reading it in one sitting (it's short but extremely engaging).  I didn't only because I started the book late at night and I was exhausted (it had been a long day).

Do I recommend?:  Well, right after reading it, the first thing I did was tweet about how good it is and I alrady convinced one friend to read it.  So that should tell you how I feel about this book :)

Happy reading!

5 comments

  1. 100% agree with the review! Well, you already know how I reacted after reading - to quote my IM "OMG OMG OMG" (& while reading - sorry for the random texts and instagram messages - I was all over cyberspace for this one). Thank you, thank you, thank you for the recommendation. I haven't felt like this after reading a book in a long time. Definitely scared for the movie but we MUST watch. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I liked how you immediately know what I was talking about after that first IM LOL

      Delete
    2. *knew

      sorry, I was typing too fast lol

      Delete
    3. Hahah cause I felt the same way! After I finally stopped crying, the first thing I did was get on Twitter to talk about it. Totally scared for the movie (remember our Walk To Remember experience?) but I'm gonna try to stay optimistic!

      Delete
  2. You just recommended it to me on Twitter, and I cannot wait to start it! I may just do that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

with love,

Rachel