Latest Read: Such a Rush

Here are the basics ...
Book: Such a Rush
Author: Jennifer Echols
Site: http://jennifer-echols.com/
Category: Young Adult

Summary: High school senior Leah Jones loves nothing more than flying. While she’s in the air, it’s easy to forget life with her absentee mother, living in a trailer park. When her flight instructor, Mr. Hall, hires her for his banner advertising business, she sees it as her ticket out. And when he dies suddenly, she’s afraid her flying career is gone forever. But Mr. Hall’s teenage sons, Alec and Grayson, are determined to keep the banner planes flying. Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business — until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers — and the consequences could be deadly. (Adapted from goodreads.com

My thoughts…
The good: For me, if a character is well-written and relatable, it doesn't take me long to connect with the character.  With Leah, almost immediately I felt for her and was getting mad at anyone who treated her badly (I'm looking at you, Mark!).  My life couldn't be any more different from hers but her drive to succeed and rise above everyone's low expectations is something I think anyone can relate to.  And she doesn't sit around crying about her situation either.  I like that she takes initiative, gets angry and is even a lil' prickly when people pry into her life. I think those traits make her more real.  And the brothers, Alec and Grayson.  Alec is the boy everyone likes but I was intrigued by Grayson from the start.  His actions may seem a little crazy at times but underneath all the brooding is this very caring person. Which comes out mostly when he's around Leah, of course. Their chemistry is just through the roof!

As far as the story itself goes, it was quite the rollercoaster.  I enjoyed all the plot twists, them all being pilots and of course, I had to know why Grayson was blackmailing Leah despite his feelings for her.

The bad:  Nothing stands out to me as being bad. Just be prepared for some major drama and the urge to smack certain characters.

Do I recommend?:  This was my first Jennifer Echols book and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved it.  I was in the mood for a swoon-worthy romance and this book exceeded that expectation and then some.  (Seriously, wow.)  So yes - I recommend!

Happy reading!

2 comments

  1. I feel exactly the same way as you! It was my first Jennifer Echols book, and I loved it. Grayson was AMAZING. That is all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear!!
    Love your review!!!!!!!! I am so glad you consider this book the best one Jennifer Echols' has written so far. I was reclutant to buy it but now Im putting in on my cart without a doubt!! I want a swoon-worthy romance like this one thnx for your thoughts my dear. I hope you are doing awesome ^___^

    Best :)

    Natalia <3333

    ReplyDelete

with love,

Rachel