David Levithan + End of the Summer Fun

David Levithan @ Barnes & Noble 

On Friday, I went to the David Levithan reading/signing at Barnes & Noble with Estelle and Alexa.  I admit, I haven't been to many readings (this would be my second) but I really enjoyed it.  It happened to be David's birthday so we started off singing happy birthday to him as he walked on stage.  Then he told us that would be doing something special that night -- reading stuff that he had written at the ages of 10, 20, 30 and 40.  My favorites were the passages from Boy Meets Boy and The Realm of Possibility, although I did enjoy his 80s music-themed Valentine's Day story too.  He's just got an amazing reading voice! I usually hate being read to but seriously? I could've listened to him read for hours.  

After the reading, we got our Every Day books signed (he inscribed it with "Live every day in wonder") and wandered around the store... buying more books.  We are definitely bad influences on each other, that way :) 



End of the summer dinner 

The besties and I have this unofficial tradition of doing an end of the summer dinner.  And what was supposed to be a short dinner ended up a long, fun night.  We got Thai food at Tuptim (highly recommend!), ice cream at Applegate Farm and spent the rest of the night hanging out in my room.  Loren was showing me how to do my eye make-up for my cousin's upcoming wedding, Carina was playing music on my iPad in the background.  I surprised them with Disney princess figures.  Lots of talking, lots of laughter.  It was the kind of night that reminded me of college, when we used to do this sort of thing all the time.  It's comforting to know that ten years later we still have that.  





3 comments

with love,

Rachel