Books of Wonder Needs Your Help!

This past year I discovered there was an amazing bookstore just blocks away from my office called Books of Wonder.  So when I got an email from them saying they needed help, I quickly forwarded it along to my book buddies completely distressed. 

And here's why. 

"Due to an enormous, unexpected expense, BOOKS of WONDER finds its future endangered.  If the store is to survive,  we must raise a minimum of $100,000. With your help, we hope to do just that and keep BOOKS of WONDER open and thriving as New York's premier destination for all those who love children's books. " (More information here)

I'm asking (more like begging!) that you please take the time to learn more about the store and more importantly... DONATE.  

My first time going to the store was for an author event featuring Melina Marchetta, Kristin Cashore and Gayle Forman.  Up until that moment, I never considered I could actually meet authors by going to these events. I wasn't even aware of them! But Books of Wonder provides this wonderful and intimate setting to do just that.  I'll always be grateful that my buddies Estelle and Alexa invited me along that day.  Since then, I've also attended the Burn for Burn launch party (where I got to meet Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian) and am planning to go to this Thursday's Teen Fantasy event.  

Please, please, please show your support for this independent book store by clicking on the links below to donate. Spread the word and stop by the store! Buy some books and see why so many of us love it.

To donate:  http://www.indiegogo.com/booksofwonder



0 comments

with love,

Rachel