Latest Read: Tiger's Destiny

Here are the basics ...
Book: Tiger's Destiny (Tiger's Saga #4)
Author: Colleen Houck
Site: http://www.tigerscursebook.com/
Category: Young Adult - Fantasy

Summary: With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal. It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh--which pits good against evil, tests the bonds of love and loyalty, and finally reveals the tigers' true destinies once and for all. (Adapted from goodreads.com
My thoughts…
The good: The Tiger's Saga is one of the more creative fantasy series that I've read. I've said this before but the way the author incorporate Chinese and Indian culture with fairytale like elements make for such an interesting read.  I had assumed that it would be a trilogy so you can imagine my surprise when I read the end of the third book and realized there was still more to come. I didn't know whether I was more excited or frustrated by the idea (you know how I hate to wait!).  But the fourth book did not disappoint at all. In fact, I was extremely impressed by how Tiger's Destiny brought the story full circle. Suddenly all the battles and obstacles Kelsey, Ren and Kishan endured made complete sense.  Looking back there were definitely signs of where this story was headed but I was surprised. (And I like being surprised!).  The characters have come a long way too, most of all Kelsey.  I had a couple issues with her character (mainly her inferiority complex) but finally, the girl grows a spine and takes charge. She even tells off the other two reminding them that she is more than capable of taking care of herself (which she is!). Also, the love triangle finally comes to a head. If you've been following this series like I have, you know that this is one of the most difficult and frustrating love triangles ever because both guys are SO good. And I have to say, I got the resolution that I didn't know I wanted. It totally worked for me and.. I can't say anymore!

(Minor) reservations: I've always loved Kelsey's character but I hated that she didn't realize her own worth and couldn't understand why Ren wanted her. There are still a couple passing moments where her insecurities get the best of her and while it aggravates me, there's far less of them in this book.

Do I recommend?: Yes! It's definitely a great continuation in this series and one you'll want to read if you're already fan.

Happy reading!

0 comments

with love,

Rachel