Rachel & Carina's Infinite Playlist (17)



RACHEL • "Last Nite" by The Strokes
Thursday night was my holiday work party and at some point during the night, "Last Nite" by The Strokes came on. This is my favorite song of theirs and as soon as I heard the beginning, I immediately turned to my coworker to say, "Listen! Do you hear what's playing?!". It's so infectious and upbeat but you know, if you actually listen to the words, it's kind of on the sad side. It's about this girl who feels down and left out, so she decides to just walk away because she doesn't think the people she's with will understand anyway. Which felt fitting when I picked this song yesterday. Let's just say that on Friday, I was thinking about the previous night and I saw myself in the lyrics. Don't get me wrong, I had fun! A lot more fun than I expected to. But there was this moment at the end of the night, when everyone was hugging like it was the last time and I stood there detached from it all. So I did exactly what the girl in the song did. Turned around, left the bar and got some fresh air before heading to Port Authority with a couple other coworkers who said goodbye to me with barely a wave. I know I shouldn't dwell but those brief moments stuck with me. Anyway, it's Saturday, I feel good and I'm not going to think about it anymore. Listen to the song, words and all.. and enjoy!



CARINA • "The Warmth" by Incubus
"Trial by fire - A test of one's abilities, especially the ability to perform well under pressure." [from some online dictionary] Sorry, I'm terrible at citing. Anyways, that term was used by several of my coworkers to describe my work situation these past two weeks and THEY WERE NOT KIDDING. I definitely felt the heat. I started resenting a lot of things and questioned (more than once) why I decided to go into this profession in the first place. I definitely learned a lot about myself these past few weeks and realized how perspective plays an important part on how to handle inevitable situations. This Incubus song I chose randomly came on during one of my not-so-good nights and it definitely played a role in changing my outlook on things. Wise words, Brandon Boyd, wise words. [Note from Rachel: Wise AND hot. Just saying!]




If you like our music, you can subscribe to our playlist on Spotify which we'll update each week!


0 comments

with love,

Rachel