Rachel & Carina's Infinite Playlist (13)


We're doing another theme today and this week's edition is: Disney!
This was suggested by Estelle over at This Happy Place and we just loved the idea.

RACHEL • "Reflection" as sung by Christina Aguilera, from Mulan
It's funny.. Mulan isn't my favorite Disney movie.  It wouldn't even be in my top five (in case you were wondering, The Little Mermaid would be #1) but when I heard "Reflection", I remember playing it SO much.  The song came out when I was in high school and the lyrics definitely meant something to me then.  It's about feeling like people either don't see you or they assume they know who you are when they don't.  I felt like that a lot in high school (sometimes even now!).  Plus at the time, I thought Christina Aguilera was the most amazing singer ever, so her singing this song was an added bonus.  It's definitely been a while since I've listened to it.  And I think I  must've listened to like 10 or more different Disney songs in my search to pick one for today but I'm glad I remembered this one.  However many years later, I still think it's beautiful song.




CARINA • "When Will My Life Begin" as sung by Mandy Moore, Tangled
When Rachel suggested we do a Disney theme this week, a hundred Disney songs started playing in my head. I grew up with Disney music and movies and have several favorite songs that always puts me in a nostalgic mood. I thought it would be hard to choose just one song for our Infinite Playlist but surprisingly, it was easier than I thought. I love the movie Tangled. It reminds me of an updated version of Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid. I felt that this particular song was influenced by the music from these Disney Classics particularly Cinderella's "Work Song", Belle's "Little Town" and Ariel's "Part of Your World". The messages behind these songs were what initially drew me in. They remind me to never settle for less, always seek adventure, pursue what my heart desires, and to stay true to myself.



Hope you enjoy the songs & have a safe weekend!

If you like our music, you can subscribe to our playlist on Spotify which we'll update each week!


2 comments

  1. Yay ladies! I love both of these choices, and have been known to sing both outloud when I'm all alone.

    My choice would be "Go the Distance" by Michael Bolton. I always feel really inspired when I hear it. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE THEME OF THIS POST. I'm a Disney kid at heart, so YAY FOR DISNEY SONGS! My favorite right now is I See the Light from Tangled - so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete

with love,

Rachel